painting bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a small area of exposed brick in an outbuilding which we are turning into a feature, the bricks don't match and so we want to paint them. We're going to buy some masonary paint to do this. I read on the instructions that apart from the usual clean the dust etc., off the surface the wall will need treating with stabilzer. The stabilizer is twice the price of a small tin of paint!! Does anyone know of a different method of stabilizing the wall prior to painting it? I'm not inclinded to paint the brick and have the paint flake off after a couple months. The wall isn't damp or old and crumbly, just for some reason it's been built using what ever brick the bricky could get his hands on.

Sponsored Links
Stabiliser is required if there is something wrong with the surface. Is there?

Hi John, thanks for the quick response.

No the bricks/mortar are sound, just as I say a mulitude of different colours and shdes of brick have been used. there is no damp and the room is well ventilated and heated during the winter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back