Getting Power To Wall Mounted TV

I have a snake scope (camera on 1 m flexible cord with light at end) and a cable access kit so I was planning on investigating the gaps and adhesive pattern once we have the house. Hopefully the adhesive is logically spaced and I have clear line of sight. Otherwise channelling it is ;)

I was wondering if I could use a drill to make holes in the adhesive if there is no gap from the floor above. This may be a silly idea ;)

The problem is that the developer would not grant access before completion to install cabling so I am faced with installing my AV cables with the least damage to our brand new house :( The only problem I could see was getting power to a mounted TV in the lounge. The other Cat6, Coax and Speaker cables should hopefully go either behind the scirting and dot and dab downstairs and between the metal stud walls upstairs. My last resort is to break to outside and back in or to dig channells.

Cheers,

Gary

Cheers,

Gary

Sponsored Links
I have a snake scope (camera on 1 m flexible cord with light at end) and a cable access kit so I was planning on investigating the gaps and adhesive pattern once we have the house. Hopefully the adhesive is logically spaced and I have clear line of sight. Otherwise channelling it is ;)

They're normally totally random and always where you don't want them to be!

I would have thought you would have difficulty getting the head of your snake scope between the wall and board. There's normally 12-15mm at best.

I think the head on out camera is around 20mm in diameter though could be smaller. I haven't used it for a while.

The snake scope has a diameter of 14mm (including outer cover) so like you said may not fit :(

Can anyone provide any advice on channelling? If I did need to channel the cables in the plaster rather than using the space in the dot and dab then what is the best technique to make it look as good as new afterwards?

Cheers,

Gary

Sponsored Links
The snake scope has a diameter of 14mm (including outer cover) so like you said may not fit :(

Can anyone provide any advice on channelling? If I did need to channel the cables in the plaster rather than using the space in the dot and dab then what is the best technique to make it look as good as new afterwards?

Cheers,

Gary

I would use browning over the installed cables, finish about 2mm under the surface of the original plaster, then finish skim with multifinish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back