Getting rid of penetrating damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking at putting a water repellant on the front of the house to stop water coming through the brick. I get the paint flaking off the interior walls so would like to stop that.

I was thinking of using a product call stormdry and was wondering if people had used this and some some advice or recommendations.

Thanks,

Bryce

Sponsored Links
Look elsewhere for your damp - it's not likely to be coming through the walls or every Victorian house in the UK would have the same problem.

Give us more info about where the damp is.

The damp is along the whole wall in the front room that faces south and gets the rain. Its about a foot high, but is quite patchy and is slightly more around the window.

Its also below the window up stairs and in the middle of the wall up stairs as well.

The wall also has cavity insulation so this may not be helping.

Thanks,

Bryce

Sponsored Links
If the cavity wall insulation is the foam type, that maybe the problem. Councils stopped using this stuff because it was found that if it didn't totally fill the cavity, small hollow pockets would become a bridge for damp to cross the cavity. The insulation now is tiny polystyrene balls which allow any moisture to drain down through them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back