Getting rid of the damp plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, so I had an issue with damp getting in through poor rendering and pointing outside a few months back,

I've had the wall done with that external wall insulation stuff and then rendered over the top of so the source of the problem should have been cured,

Internally i had the wall hacked off back to some internal render that was done, some places had some holes in so its been patched up with a bonding coat and then the whole wall skimmed, (however due to poor timing, the inside was done about 3 weeks before the outside work started)

That particular patch and a few other patchy places over the wall keep flaking off with paint, I've tried some wilko branded damp deal stuff and I've also tried 1 coat of zinsser BIN then used the kitchen and bathroom pint over the top however the paint has once again bubbled

I'd really like to avoid hacking it all back off by any other means as the room is now almost complete except for this one area..

Can anyone recommend a better damp sealer or an alternative method? One damp guy once told me white vinegar was good to paint on to counter the salts.. Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance for any help

The rest of the wall is now fine it's just this area... I've already sanded it back now so wall may look a bit worse than it is due to the scratch lines of the rough sandpaper

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It will takes months to dry, you can't prevent it with any type of paint, either wait till summer or re-plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back