getting teak back to it's red colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some teak garden furniture which is looking a bit weather beaten.
It is 4 years old and has been teak oiled for the last 3 years.

Can somebody advise on how I can treat it to get it back to it's reddish colour, but also still be protected from the weather?

Sponsored Links
They use Oxalic acid on Teak yacht decks that brings them back to bright new. I think chandlers and places like Homebase sell stuff called teak restorer, which is similar stuff.

Could also try some wood oil with teak colouring (oil not stain). The Hickson stuff I usd for my deck says can use on garden furniture and I will be tackling our teak set with it soon

sidecar_jon said:
They use Oxalic acid on Teak yacht decks that brings them back to bright new. I think chandlers and places like Homebase sell stuff called teak restorer, which is similar stuff.

The boat stuff is a two op process. First is bleach by scrubbing with acid, next is a colouring agent scrubbed in. Easy with a big flat deck, not sure how youll get on with a garden bench. :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back