Getting through floorboards between stud work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of putting in some new plugs/networking into one of my rooms. The room is made from an exterior brick wall and 3 stud walls.

I would like to place the two new connection (2-way plug + 3 way network point - same space as twin socket) into one of the stud walls around 60cm in from the brick wall.

I have no problems getting the cable to under the floor boards under the stuff wall or putting the dry wall boxes. The problem comes in how to pull the cable up from between the floorboards. Obviously there is a wood stud at the bottom of the wall + the floorboards to get through.

Is there some clever way to get through these without having to pull off a large section of drywall?

If large destruction is required I will probably end up chisling the boxes into the end brick wall.

Cheers for any advice.

Rob

Sponsored Links
drill a hole down through the top of your skirting with a long drill bit thick enough to feed the wire down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back