Getting Your Own Back!

Sponsored Links
Indeed the TPS is free. You've been scammed by the sound of it. Bit of an irony really :confused:

Telephone Preference Service is free :!:

You've been conned :evil:
It was free the first year I used it!
Then last year they called me, saying that it was up for renewal and they had started charging.
Which surprised me too, normally tell them to take a long walk. But they assured me that this would stop these calls not only landline but both my mobiles.
At the time my dad was quite poorly and going through some major ops, and this was another way of people contacting me, other than my mobiles.
So where I'd usually ignore the phone or unplug it, I had to answer it, just in case it was news about my dad's health.
Any way the service didn't live up to it's rep. After a few altercations with them regarding the service, I demanded my money back which they paid in full.
I complained to my service provider, who couldn't do anything about the calls or change my number to a unique number.
But did put me back in touch with TPS who then reregistered me for free :confused: But still get lots of calls of them sales peeps :evil:

Sponsored Links
Then last year they called me, saying that it was up for renewal and they had started charging
Can't understand why this should happen we have been registered with the tps for at least three years and have never been asked to renew,unless it's different over in N Ireland.

ive been sent a few reminders on occasions by the tps asking me to renew. never charged though, think its part of ofcom.

Funnily enough i had a call from a call centre (why is it always about 5 pm???) started talking and as soon as i said are you aware of the telephone preference service the line went dead, so even in the indian call centres they are aware of the regulations.

However, if you have registered a number on to the Corporate TPS belonging to a Limited company, Plc or other large organisation, you are required to renew annually.
Is it because of this that you receive notice to renew?

i get a few of these calls, and i always ask the person calling for the name of their company, and then ask them to remove me from their database - and make a note of the time and day.... it's all quite civil, and i've even had these people offering me the number for the TPS...

I think it's all very well trying to beat them but they must hear these ideas and techniques dozens of times a day... and they just evolve to get round it... that's why they exist.

It's a bit like wasps... you can kill one or two and it makes you feel quite good... but they'll always be there to p!ss you off!!

Then last year they called me, saying that it was up for renewal and they had started charging
Can't understand why this should happen we have been registered with the tps for at least three years and have never been asked to renew,unless it's different over in N Ireland.

Come to think of it, I think DC77 might have something by mentioning the fee paid to CPR but I was registered with TPS.
Can only guess that somehow CPR had got my details and made the call about renewals :evil:
So it goes to show that there always someone out there, trying to screw you. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back