Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a can of the most vilest drink ever. Ginger beer must be an acquired taste as it is so bitter and makes me feel like heaving.

Can anyone on here honestly say they like it?

Yikes_anim.gif

Scuse me while I go and throw up.

Sponsored Links
Fentimans sold in morrisons. lovely and strong gets you right at the back of the throat.

fentimans-ginger-beer.jpg

Me granny used to make it ...... Bloody awful stuff it is
Hers was apparently very good,
to those that liked ginger beer that is

Used to love it as a kid.
Thought about trying that Crabbies one advertised on telly.
Anyone had one and if so what is it like?

Sponsored Links
Try Blandford Fly from the Badger Brewery - not ginger beer but beer with ginger in it - luvverly...

The Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer seems to be the new 'in-vogue' drink at the moment. It's like the new Magners!!

Oh ............ the thread is actually about ginger beer :eek: ........ I thought it was rhyming slang and Bahco was trying to tell us something ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I love it!!!

I used to get a can of "Old Jamaica" as a treat when I was a kid, and I still love it whenever I have it as a grown-up.

I'd accuse you of having no taste, but having seen many people going "Ooooh, liquorice, what a treat!", "I'll have a Campari and soda" and "I love marmite!" then I gracefully accept that ginger beer may be as revolting to most as anything in a black-death-coloured jar, coloured by crushed beetles or advertised by Bertie Basset. ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh ............ the thread is actually about ginger beer :eek: ........ I thought it was rhyming slang and Bahco was trying to tell us something ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Nope, I think he keeping the closet door firmly shut on that one. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Hey guys I do love Beers especially Ginger beers, I drink them at least thrice a week :)

If this was a poll I'd be voting for it, think it's lovely stuff. I've also tried something along the lines of what Chud mentioned and I liked that too.
My mother used to brew ginger beer when I was younger using a "ginger beer plant" which was fed ginger and sugar and devided at the end of the process to form two plants. It's only yeast but at the time I thought it was fantastic. However, sitting watching tv one night there came a series of bangs from the hall as the fresh bottles of beer exploded one after another and that put an end to mothers beer making and my drinking of it :(

Sponsored Links
Back