• Only occasionally, when the mood takes me

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • NEVER, you wicked child!

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"ditto" securespark......cant take the hangovers anymore either :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Agree with you Hairy - in the same way that the endless increases in fuel duty has made us all abandon our cars and increasing tax on tabacco has stopped everyone smoking.

Fact is, people will do as they want irrespective of the price because people will find a way to afford it.

Is deaths from drinking really a major issue anyway (underage drinking, drunken violence being different matters)?? The figures on that article state that Scotland has the worse figures in the UK but even then only 0.027% of the annual deaths are alcohol related - that doesn't seem that much to me?? And not worth making the overwhelming majority of people who drink sensibly pay more for their alcohol?

It's an argument that comes up frequently when the government wants to swipe some more stealth tax, cheered on by sanctimonious do-gooders drunk on their smug self-righteousness.

The flipside is that people will fund their vices somehow, at the expense of the children of impoverished families or by stealing more car radios.

well said ben, these price rises are not going to be phenomenal. even if they double the price of a bottle of white cider its still only 6 quid to get blocked.

same thing as rasing feg prices to get smoker to quit, an extra 10p a pack means nothing.

Can honestly say i dont ever go out with the intention or thought in my head that i am going out to GET drunk. I may end up pished but i dont think quick get some more down ya so i get there.
I have a couple of pints tues/wed and thurs after work. Friday night is when we all meet up at 6 and thats me till 3 in morning , sat night take the mrs out or stay in and sunday have a few with the mates.
Yes i sometimes end up Aholed .
I never drink in the house and when i get crates as a tip i give them away to young lad across the street.
If you drink in the house then it gives them an excuse to moan at you if you go out. ;)

Sponsored Links
Agree with you Hairy - in the same way that the endless increases in fuel duty has made us all abandon our cars and increasing tax on tabacco has stopped everyone smoking.

Fact is, people will do as they want irrespective of the price because people will find a way to afford it.

Is deaths from drinking really a major issue anyway (underage drinking, drunken violence being different matters)?? The figures on that article state that Scotland has the worse figures in the UK but even then only 0.027% of the annual deaths are alcohol related - that doesn't seem that much to me?? And not worth making the overwhelming majority of people who drink sensibly pay more for their alcohol?

It's an argument that comes up frequently when the government wants to swipe some more stealth tax, cheered on by sanctimonious do-gooders drunk on their smug self-righteousness.

The flipside is that people will fund their vices somehow, at the expense of the children of impoverished families or by stealing more car radios.

i didnt know the morrocan goverment had a take on this :confused:

Back