Is it possible to "go off" alcohol?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I was 17, I started driving and was no longer concerned with booze. I would enjoy a beer from time to time, but preferred driving and would never drink anything if I was driving.

At 18 I was in my first year of uni so drank what felt like a lot, but probably really wasn't (12, maybe 15 pints a week, spread over 2 or 3 sessions)

From 20-24 I would go out with the lads and pound 10 pints or more, at least twice and sometimes 3 times a week.

But since I turned 25, I really don't seem that bothered by booze. The last few Saturdays I have drunk no alcohol whatsoever. I went to a party on Thursday, could have stayed over and I always have my sleeping bag and a pillow in the car for such occasions. But instead I drank nothing and drove home. On Friday night I forced down a bottle of wine, but then settled down with some banana milkshake and thought "oooh, that's better"!

What's wrong with me?! At this rate I'll lost my beer monster reputation and might even be considered to be... a non-drinker.

I have a party coming up in a couple of weeks, and there will be this girl there who I want to impress... but how am I going to do it if I don't down pints or drink 12 cans of Stella? She'll think I'm a right mincer. :cry:

Sponsored Links
i have the odd bottle of beer with a meal and thats about it. My stomach seems pretty intolerant of things like caffine etc (stopped drinking tea and coffe) and if i have more than a couple of bottles i feel crap the next day. Either that or im soft southern shandy drinking poof!

AdamW said:
-

I have a party coming up in a couple of weeks, and there will be this girl there who I want to impress... but how am I going to do it if I don't down pints or drink 12 cans of Stella? She'll think I'm a right mincer. :cry:

12 cans of stella....................i'll sh*g you if you can get it up after 12 cans of stella :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I used to border on the alcoholic, as regular posters will know. But now I hardly drink at all. The other day, I fancied a beer but we'd run out, so I had a drop of scotch instead. And I mean a drop - two capfuls.

I was very merry and light-headed all evening!

At this rate, next year I'll be getting ****ed on an over-ripe nana...... :LOL:

AS MY AA MAN Gay JUSTIN SAYS

(on his chalk board its caps lock ,when we drunks say about it he goes wells its keep eyes focused ,checky tw*T,here its my drunken memory lol)

"Any drink taken every day will be absorbed ...your body will take 1 shot of alcco too 39 pints an 4 whiskies a day .."

How ever strong your body , ie, a big labourer 20 stone all muscle ,he will fair less to a weedy fat 20 st fatty ...

its been traced that guys who are regular drinkers are ok .. an then stopped ..

they are drunk after a 1whiskey/1pint as the Tolerainace (sp ?ammount of drink drops )falls ....

when known limits in mind are there ...less ..lol

but a few spirits,2 at most ,alocopops=4 at most / 6 pints of stella/or bitter =if more take care a be aware

Just be aware we want good boozers
not chavvy scum .. but the WONDERFUL lassies from the 70s 80 s discos ..lol

AdamW said:

Or a drunken t*sser and she will get off with the sober guy who can still get it up.

Don't forget after 12 cans of stella you will have pretty large beer goggles on and may not think she's that attractive after all and get off with the 'unattractive' one that you hate when you're sober. :p

nstreet said:
AdamW said:

Or a drunken t*sser and she will get off with the sober guy who can still get it up.

Don't forget after 12 cans of stella you will have pretty large beer goggles on and may not think she's that attractive after all and get off with the 'unattractive' one that you hate when you're sober. :p

Also, as my wife never tires of reminding me, after 12 pints you're not actually as 'hilarious' as you think you are either.... :oops:

When I drink 12 pints I always go home empty handed, presumably because the girls think I'm out of their league...

This girl is really hot therefore I need to drink 12 pints so she will realise that I am equally as attractive.

Am I missing something here?

Nope - Sounds like you've got all bases covered.

As an alternative, you could try telling her all about your vibrant on-line life, 5000 posts to one forum and Cyber-Friends. If that doesn't get her, nothing will :D :D

If that doesn't swing it, I'll do my robotic-dancing to my latest Kraftwerk album... As well as plenty of thumbs up gestures and "Eeeeeeeh!"

fonz.jpg

jtaunton
regarding online dating ,

I was admin at another board awhile ago that had a forum for meets an brunches etc ....
I found that lots of the really hot sounding females were males ,how so ? I matched their Ip nos with regular long time male members,before you all jump what about non static ips an wives /partners of male members , they logged on as same nic ,an their written expressions were the same ,lol

an that old club/board was a very intense place for 1 to 1 hook ups ,lol,,lol

That reminds me of a colleague. Every time anyone arranges anything, even a trip to the pub, he asks "will there be girls there?" He was pretty desperate to meet women, and had little luck. If you read Viz, imagine "Sid the Sexist" :LOL:

He thought he would try online dating. He joined a board, ended up getting on quite well with a girl who, looking at her profile, was quite good looking too. So, he asked her out, she agreed.

Dinner and a few drinks in a bar, but (according to him) the whole evening he just didn't feel comfortable. There was something not quite right. Sure, she was pretty, but he didn't have any urge to kiss her, even touch her.

The next day, as he was going over events in his head, he figured it out... she was a man. :eek: Apparently there were little things "she" had said that made sense after he realised this, perhaps "she" had just assumed he knew? Also he probably picked up on the physical differences at a subliminal level.

Lucky escape... well, he claims he escaped, anyway! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back