How good are you at drinking?

masona said:
AdamW said:
And our GP when I was a kid drunk his liver rigid.
My GP once told me that most alcoholic are GP's :eek: They have the highest drinking rate problem and they are known as secret alcoholic :eek:
I went to my doctor.....I said doc I`ve got a dark secret...Sho hashhhhh I, he said :rolleyes: My dinky keeps going rigid.........Sho`s my liver he said......No , my dinky toy ARTIC petrol tanker.Thass allrite son Tanking wont make you go blind. put some vaseline on it and keep flexing it.

Sponsored Links
I am not going to relate any of my drinking stories in this post, would love to, but I won't. Last time I did that, to a drinking related thread, on another site, I got accused of looking for sympathy. Then several people said they wish I would just die. Nice, huh?
It ended up with me getting really, really abusive back, offering the big bad meanies :evil: a fight, and I aint been back to the sight since. So much for jovially sharing experiences.
Anyway, enough of all that.
I did the test and got 35. (Better get back to them meetings.)
Moz, do you mean 35 pints and 12 shorts each in 12 hours? Or between you? I am honestly not knocking you mate, just wondering. Cause to my shame, in my youth, it wasn't totally unknown for me to knock back 32, or 33 pints in a 12 hour pub stint. The harder thing to imagine is I'm only 5'7" and about 10 stone. Thank god I don't/can't do it now.
And Masona, all the best with your giving up mate, sounds like you are doing amazingly. Many Many Congratulations. I know it ain't easy. Have you got the support of family and friends to get you through Christmas?
TS.

I have known people who drink a lot, either in single sessions or little-and-often. But 30+ pints, even over 12 hours is phenomenal. In such a bender do you throw up, and then carry on drinking? The human bladder is only about a pint in itself, so you would be peeing AT LEAST every 20 minutes! :eek: Take 5 minutes to stagger to the bog, sort yourself out, and stagger back each time. Then an average of, let's say 5 minutes to get served and have the beer carried back to your table (surely you do it by rounds), and you are only left with 10 minutes for each pint! If you add time for puking/staggering about the carpark then it becomes even less.

And surely the accumulation of alcohol in your system would be far too high to allow you to stay conscious to drink more :LOL: I'm not calling "bull-poo", I'm just intrigued as to the sheer logistics about such a session! I've never attempted to see just how much I could pack away, but I estimate 15-20 pints would certainly be attainable in 12 hours for me.

In my time at uni I learned that you occasionally meet people who vastly overestimate just how much they drank! I don't mean that they had 12 pints and claimed they had 15, I mean more like they had a sniff of the barmaids apron and then claim it was a barrel! :LOL: And the number of times I argued about the alcohol content of the various coloured labels of Smirnoff (I've heard people claim their Smirnoff Black was 80% alcohol... at that point you KNOW they never even saw, let alone DRANK a bottle of it :LOL: ) One of my colleagues joined as a new graduate, he would recount his legends of vast alcohol consumption but after drinking sessions with him I now know 8 pints virtually puts him in a coma :LOL:

I have only ever known one person who definitely, undeniably drank legendary amounts. He was called Big Bob, aptly so as he was 6'9" tall, 32 stone (fat even at his height), and was the president of the Imperial College Beer Society. I once witnessed him drink a pint glass full of various spirits, 23 units of alcohol in a single glass. He threw up afterwards of course :LOL: But still, I can't neck a single shot without gagging, let alone a PINT of spirits :LOL:

Adam, not quite sure where to start with your questions. But if you estimate being able to drink 15-20 pints (a huge amount in itself) in a 12 hour stint, then you can probably already answer some of your own questions. So first, your mate who was in a coma after 8 pints, is probably the same as 90% of the population. 8 pints is a lot to drink.
Second, as for Big Bob, I honestly believe (and I have done a fair bit of study) :oops: that size really has very little to do with it. It is more about metabolism. Some people just seem to burn it up quicker. After all, Bob may have recovered well the next day after his pint of spirits, but at the time he was as sick as anyone else would of been.
Third, as for the logistics, you are looking on it in a slightly confused way. People who drink a lot don't drink in the same way as most people. For a start there is no time taken to carry your beer back to your table, cause you spend all the time at the bar. There is also very little time spent in trying to get served, cause you judge the turnover rate of customers. If the barmaid can only get to you every 20 mins cause she is busy, then you order enough drink to last 30 mins or 45. You order 2 or 3 pints at a time, or if you are drinking spirits you make sure its a quadruple instead of a double, or whatever.
It is embarassing to write this, but if you have a drink thing, you will always find a way to get a drink, and always find a way to drink more. I am sure Big Bob, as some of the rest of us, started off with just a pint here or a pint there. But it's not that long before the first thing you do in the morning is reach for the vodka or scotch, or whatever your tipple is.
On a lighter note though, alcohol is a diuretic. This means you urinate more than you drink. So you are correct about spending half the time in the toilets. :eek:
Hope this answered some of your questions mate,
TS

Sponsored Links
I hadn't thought of sitting at the bar and ordering multiple drinks... I only know a few pubs with stools at the bar, and I know it is madness to try and sit on them unless you are a very regular regular :LOL:

What about throwing up though? Surely you will be sick at some point drinking that much?

Big Bob was built for drinking. :LOL: I'm pretty sure his mum's boobs were made at Scottish & Newcastle ;)

Hi all ,
can I clear up a few things , if you are a drinker such as myself , like TraineeSpark says if you are a hardened drinker you know how much to have an make sure you do ,
36 pints aint that big a deal .. :(
I have a group of old school friends who meet once a week on saturday where we go in the old fashion blokes pub ,
where a round for 4 drinking lads is usually , 4 Pints of stella ,while youre drinking an chinwagging the second guy has called young Tasmin ,Barmaid for another round , so every 15 mins you are getting a fresh pint + you are sent pints from other friends so in an hour you could down 4 pints no problem/easily , same for when going for a game of Arrows or snooker ,as for going for a pee ... well I usually go every 1hr....

As TraineeSpark said regarding liking/needing the drink ,if your hammered on 8 pints , good on yer ... ;)
After awhile of the drinking/pub culture which I was brought up on ,supping all day aint NO big thing , an No I can honestly say I have Never seen any of my drinking buddies throwing up .....an myself either ...I think we are all too mean to waste what we paid for ,lol.
I have seen younger guys in the pub honking up in the lavs but Im sure a lot is this binge/peer pressure ,which to me is stupid ,I wish at times I wasnt such a big drinker ..but alas I like the drink TO MUCH...

AdamW Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:43 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hadn't thought of sitting at the bar and ordering multiple drinks... I only know a few pubs with stools at the bar, and I know it is madness to try and sit on them unless you are a very regular regular

What about throwing up though? Surely you will be sick at some point drinking that much?

Big Bob was built for drinking. I'm pretty sure his mum's boobs were made at Scottish & Newcastle

TraineeSpark
btw I was sorry some webmongs trolled you , I have shared alsorts here an Im sure you can rise above these wretches to share your views here again

Moz said:
I wish at times I wasnt such a big drinker ..but alas I like the drink TO MUCH...

Hey Moz, How are you doin'? ;) :LOL:

I thought you were going to AA - what happened about that?

No disrespect meant here......but would your wife like you to sort yourself out re the booze? - she must worry about you!!!

Moz said:
TraineeSpark
btw I was sorry some webmongs trolled you , I have shared alsorts here an Im sure you can rise above these wretches to share your views here again

What's a 'webmong'? Is it some cruel twist of the word 'mongoloid' by any chance? Is that level you operate on?

joe

The whole "drinking until you throw up then drinking some more" smacks of Roman orgies to me :LOL: Some would have a "vomitorium" to go and throw up when they wanted to make room for another partridge-stuffed wild boar and another urn of wine.

I don't think I've ever been ill during a drinking session, but I have certainly woken up the next day and been sick.

My dad always says "don't drink what you won't keep" :LOL:

16 for me....mmmmmm

Odd as I never have a hang-over and don't have accidents, don't not do what I should due to drink...I think I probably drink too much though :D

I am getting blitzed posting here I had a 40 k word post,LOST !!!!!!!!!

lovely reply too my best mate juliel/b ...
but it was lost as I tried drunkenly try to put in a mirror post ...

juliel/b ...
one night this week away from the influx , I will disclose , what a f&ackin wretch am .. :(
please take care hows the cats ?

OK, so yesterday I bought a crate and me and a mate gave it a go last night. 4 and a half hours steady drinking, we had 10 500ml cans each and were beginning to feel a bit iffy. Admittedly we didn't have any dinner except for a chip butty halfway through.

So, whilst that gives a rate equivalent to about 27 cans (23.5 pints) in 12 hours, I doubt either of us could have kept going for 12 hours at that rate!

Perhaps that's a good thing: I've always stuck with beer because there is only so much you can physically hold, unlike spirits where it is possible to drink yourself into a coma. So, if I peter out early then I suppose I am less likely to be able to drink enough to end up on a stomach pump or something :LOL:

AdamW

My old mate/mucker ..lol ;)

Drinkin isnt a rule ... its a science ... I have seen lriosh road lads near on 7 ft, 4ft wide , who are ok with the "black stuff"ALL DAY ,a pint every ten mins but give them a shot , /alcho pop , hmmmph..lol
this navvy had drunk just 5 Murphy's...
an this kid was selling the footie card an he left his bottle of blue Vdkk or some thing like a mixer vodka bottle asbo nectar,
He downed it after 3 more pints he was on his a*se ...lol.....
As I said before its Not Big an Clever to be a Drunk ...

Although listening to Radio 2 at work apparently,we are ALL HOUSEHOLD DRUNKS ,
we should a family ....1 family , has a drink every night 1 bottle of wine an 6 cans of beer ..at week end , she 4 bottles , him 48 cans

so we can all look at drinking as ALL OUR DEMONS ... :(

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Julie L/B

Hi ;)
Im sorry I missed you ... the other night , I got on my righteous crusade against this joe90 web **** here at present on his anti jew rants .. ,
anyway I said my thing ,

WHICH WAS CORRECT TRUE AN HOPEFULLY IN THE SPIRIT MY GRANDAD FIGHT ON FACISTS...

there I STOOD UP TO RACISM .. :)

Pity the "so called Mods "here ..didnt ... shameful" : ( :(

I am leaving it there ,as some would ..
take care worries but just be a rebal ... ok ..
///////////////////////////////////////////////////

"light the torch paper an stand well back "
an the whole lot would blow up .. lol..lol..lol..lol....lol

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Anyway Julie .. here... wake up ..lol ;) sorry for the rant ...

How are you ... ?

hows Dave ...... ?
what a Star !!!, an MBE every year for bearing up with lovely J..OMG ..(if truth be known he like me ,an lying next to her in indoors , says a lil pray to God to say "Thanks .. shes wonderful "never let her know this though .. "Dave" oh .. yioks
well you keep her guessing dont you ?
lol
btw , dave , you are told so many tmes how lucky your are being with Julie , 99% by her ..lol
but can I just say ... you done well an DONT Aspire to what you think is the greener grass over the hill ...
as you got a "English Rose" ,

love you two bits
take care
moz

btw the My Reggie Perrins bunks off ..thank GOD !

hows the cats ? I hope things are good ???????????????

with all the boasting going on in this thread let's hope Georgie Bests's message is not in vain!

Moz said:
Julie L/B
btw , dave , you are told so many tmes how lucky your are being with Julie , 99% by her ..lol

hows the cats ? I hope things are good ???????????????

Moz - Your dead right!! - of course I tell him how bl**dy lucky he is to have me.................every day!!!! ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re Cats: Things seem to be good at the moment :D
Tee bag is better now than she was during the summer - I think the heat gets her down - she's put on a bit of weight, so doesn't look so thin.......still 'meowing' at every opportunity though (for some fish!!! :rolleyes: )......drives us mad at times ;)
Henry seems to be ok at the moment (touch wood!!!) - the lump on his side seems to be getting bigger - my friend at work has been sending him 'some healing' from a photo........not really sure if that kind of stuff works but you never know do you? ;) :LOL:

Re the other stuff - Keep ignoring the trolls!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back