0 :D Since 79 days ago and before that I would've have score 22 :oops:

I'm now teetotal so far.....

Sponsored Links
Ho hum...

Results:
Thank you for taking the test.

You scored 19.

Feedback
You are at high risk and your drinking appears to be harmful.
It is likely that your physical and possibly mental health is already suffering as a consequence of your drinking, and you may have experienced problems at home or at work.
96.4% of UK adults drink more safely than you.
It appears that your drinking may have been even more of a problem in the past, it is important you keep an eye on your drinking levels.

I think the problem is you tend to drink more at home because of drink & driving and we don't measure the drink correctly, just pour it in :eek: , I got to the stage where I couldn't taste the vodka in my diet coke anymore. I must admit I feel a lot better since I have stop drinking, if I can get though Christmas without drinking then I feel I have beaten it, not easy though.

Sponsored Links
Why is it that people look upon smoking and drinking to excess as clever?

You won't feel so clever when you have cancer of the lung/mouth/ oesophagus.

joe (non drinker, non smoker)

(they won't serve a nine year old :( )

joe-90 said:

You might still feel quite clever if you're a brain surgeon though, or the president of MENSA, or an astrophysicist.

petewood said:
joe-90 said:

You might still feel quite clever if you're a brain surgeon though, or the president of MENSA, or an astrophysicist.

You won't find many brain surgeons smoking - they have to cut out too many smoking related tumours for that.

joe

joe-90 said:
No I didn't think it was clever, it was a way of coping with life in this mad world we live in. For a start I don't read newspaper or watch the news and I feel better already!

joe-90 said:
You won't find many brain surgeons smoking - they have to cut out too many smoking related tumours for that.

joe

I know a gynaecologist who likes doing it with men, despite the increased risk of infection and cervical stuff that a woman who does it has. :!: And I know a psychiatric consultant who married a woman ;)

And our GP when I was a kid drunk his liver rigid.

Masona, I think you're right. I never drank at home until I was 21. I had always lived near pubs, and for 3 years lived in central London so never drove anywhere. But, then I moved out to the outskirts of a provincial town where the nearest pubs are a £10 minicab ride away. So, my friends and I usually end up drinking round someone's house and then rolling out the sleeping bags.

There is only so much you can drink when you have to wait 10 minutes to get served, but when you are sat there with more drink than you can actually consume, it is easy to overdo it.

AdamW said:
And our GP when I was a kid drunk his liver rigid.
My GP once told me that most alcoholic are GP's :eek: They have the highest drinking rate problem and they are known as secret alcoholic :eek:

joe-90 said:

joe (non drinker, non smoker)

(they won't serve a nine year old :( )

Who claims it is clever?

Probably because I had referred to the test as being "how good are you at drinking" instead of "do you have an alcohol problem".

But I don't care cos I'm ace at drinking. :LOL:

the link doesnt work ...lol

but as for the origional posters question ....

I would class myself as a borderline alkie ......not proud or clever to say ..

I can go drinking with guys my age in the old style boozer who can drink from 11 in the morning til 11 at night most sats (its NOT BIG an certainly NOT CLEVER ...!)
we can all take the beer ,I spend sometime in the lounge an some in the snug playing darts an snooker ...
I would think we go through about 36 pints 10 shorts in 12 hours not alot really ? ,

on watching young uns now downing pints in mins an throwing shots down their necks an thats just lasses ,an the gangs of Lads all drinking pints down in games ,as most are running to the lavs to throw up I think thats a waste ...
+as we drink all day its staggered an not binged ..

I do get hammered at home at the pc though,
a couple of times a week
when my "peggy sue "has gone out with her mates to Bingo or pub.......
but she has NEVER found my drinking a Problem ..

If it was a problem ,for example If I was abusive her or pi**ing around the house, as I heard some lads get upto , :(
I would NEVER touch a drop again ...
as I love her to much to lose her ..
an I have never been unfaithful to her in our marriage because Iwouldnt be able to look her in the eyes again ,
she knows this an she has has said the same thing ,I think what keeps us still loving each over is she could have any guy ,she is very beautiful ,an I have had it offered through work when doing bathrooms,
once your trust is gone you cannot go on as a LOVING couple ...
hark at me the Pi**head ,lol

I dont get drunk to show off or be the clown , I just like to be pi&*ed at times an enjoy myself , I have never let the "Stella" rule me ....
but recently I have thought of stopping .....I think if you are a boozer youre a boozer , ....end of story ...
"moz pours that pint can into his Pot(a two pinter stein from a Rhine trip me an the missus took wayback ) an raises a drink .."Cheers "lol

It is amazing how the drinks seem to slip past far more easily when you aren't out with the intention just to neck them.

I did an initiation to a club when I was 18, it involved 10 pints in 4 hours in 8 pubs and the basement of an old building. So, including time to wander between pubs, get served and so forth that leaves (realistically) 10 minutes per pint, then 20 minutes rest.

I was SO sick the next day. I was throwing up until the afternoon (in the toilet of a double-decker National Express coach to Birmingham :LOL: ), then spent the rest of the day curled up in bed groaning. It wasn't just me, everyone else I knew who did it was also ill.

But if I am just having a good time in a bar or a party, I have found I can drink 10 or 12 pints or 2 bottles of wine and feel perfectly fine the next day, presumably because the body finds it easier to take a slow constant stream of alcohol rather than surges. Obviously I don't do that very often or I would have scored more than 11!!! :LOL:

I once drunk a whole winebox in about 6 hours, felt VERY rough though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back