Girly question from a newbie!

Managed to find a Honeywell wiring diagram for the T6360B and it is wired up exactly according to the diagram...I am going to take my life in my hands (in a careful way!) at the weekend and connect the red to L and the yellow to L1.
I propose to isolate all the wires by chocolate blocking them and then multimeter testing the red and yellow to see if I get a voltage across them when connected.....the blue should give me no read at all once taken out of the circuit and chocolate blocked.....sound reasonable as a check mechanism????
I am convinced I only need red and yellow from the diagrams, just want to check that the original wiring was done correctly!!

Tick, Tick Boom !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Managed to find a Honeywell wiring diagram for the T6360B and it is wired up exactly according to the diagram..

That's a good sign - if I were doing the job I'd say it's enough.

Once the old stat is off, you can confirm with your multimeter. Set the meter to resistance (ohms), and test across the terminals on the stat which used to have the red and yellow in them. The resistance should be near zero with the stat turned up, and very high or infinite with it turned down.

Nice choice of room stat, I like the REV11 except for the self learning control, I prefer to put it into the traditional 2-point mode but it does depend on your system and preference.

Fantastsic..thanks for that...on a cheeky note, the programmer (bought from Wickes!!) didn't come with a guide on how to programme it...don't s'pose you have one you could post or have a link, I've looked all over and only found a Siemens technical guide for the product....was going to ring Siemens later.

Decided to ring them rather than cause anyone any further bother....I now have the manuals!!!

Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful.
I love forums......thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
For anyone reading all this for information its important to note a couple of points.

Most old thermostats need a permanent live and a neutral, usually on the red and blue wires.

When there is a call for heat the live red is connected to the yellow wire.

Most of the modern stats are two wire and dont need a neutral.

Those colours are only the recommended once and before any work is done then they should be tested!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back