Honeywell T40 to moes bht-002 installation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am trying to replace my old T40 thermostat with a new digital thermostat.
The T40 has 2 wires: black and red connected. One of the spare red is not connected.
The new digital thermostat is the Moes BHT-002 and has 4 inputs, a live, a neutral and 2 labelled L1 and N1

I cant figure it out how to connect the cables. Help required please . Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 396
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 410
Sponsored Links
You have a thermostat designed for electric under floor heating, can you return it for the correct stat ?

Cant i use it with my normal boiler ?I bought it to use with the boiler

Sponsored Links
Just a reply to the other moes thread, although this stat will work (if it has air sensing built in) there is no neutral at the stat she has now, to the op you will have to get someone in that knows how to wire controls, sorry to have mislead you but its not a straight forward job.

Whilst that thermostat won’t work with your current setup, you could opt for a battery powered thermostat, which only needs the 2 wires you currently have.

Hi all, I have the same issue, my boiler is set up on the hallway and the honeywell T40 thermostat installed by the stairs. Photo added. honeywell thermostat has 2 wires installed , and there is a third wire which is not installed.
I have a moes thermostat ready to install but we could not figure it out
Any help appreciated
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 287
Hi Denso13,
What is the additional wiring? does our wiring system needs ( 240 live and neutrol? )
Can we use any 240 V ( live &neutrol ) wiring ? ( we have a light swith next to thermostat )
Does the new wiring has to be connected to the boiler ?

Thank you

If the unconnected wire is a neutral or can be connected to a neutral you can use the new stat, the wiring cannot be taken from anywhere except the boiler .

You'll need a live and neutral which should come from the same circuit which supplies the boiler and any other heating controls (normally from, or after, a fused spur supplying the boiler/heating).

A different two wire stat would be much easier.

I added another photo, switch on the picture is Boiler on /off switch , 2 cables come through the wall goes in to boiler .
If i install the smart thermostat by the boiler, any idea if it is possible without using any wiring.
If the answer is yes, i will install the thermostat tomorrow, and will ask you more wuestiıns with the wiring.

thanks

Attachments

• 1540AC89-DF6D-47C2-9A84-4BC0C9C9350C.jpeg
    1540AC89-DF6D-47C2-9A84-4BC0C9C9350C.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 282
any idea if it is possible without using any wiring.

You'll still need the same wires for connection wherever you put it, can't tell what you have by looking at your photo.

Not a good idea to put the thermostat next to the boiler.

Thank you Denso, i think we should give it up and start looking for an electrician.

Hello everyone
I bough a Wi-Fi controller to replace my old T-40 and I have an issue with the wiring.
4 cables on the T40: Live, Neutral, Switchlive and Earth. When I test the cable I have 20V between L And N, but I have 220v between Live and Switchlive (doesn’t make sense)
I have tested the controller without wires and I have proved the continuity on the terminals of my T40 and it seems to be working fine.
The WIFI controller doesn’t work if I connect the Live and the neutral to the L and N but it turns on if I use the switch live on the N slot but it’s doesnt send any signal to the boiler. I have opened the box where the thermostat cables are coming from and the Neutral cable is sleeved with a red sleeve and it is not connected to the Neutral block but to something else.
Now I’m thinking to disconnect at the junction box the neutral from his slot and join it to the neutral block. At this stage I will have the neutral at the thermostat to be connected and see what happen.
Hope this is clear.
Help...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back