Connecting BHT-002 Moes thermostat to water/gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, I need to connect BHT-002 smart thermostat to water/gas boiler. Unfortunately old thermostat was removed by previous owners and I have nothing to compare to. In the attached pictures of wires and Moes thermostat that I would like to install. could you please assist which cable should go where? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20201226_173701.jpg
    IMG_20201226_173701.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_20201230_140335.jpg
    IMG_20201230_140335.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 306
Sponsored Links
A bit dangerous imo. Are you able to test wires? What boiler?

Boiler is Logic Combi C24IE. Unfortunately I am unable to test wires. I took picture on how wires are connected inside of the boiler.

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_151014.jpg
    IMG_20201230_151014.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 355
Ok, appears to be 230/240v switching from previous stat, so:

Assuming it’s wired correctly, Live and link to L (4) and 1 respectively, Blue to N (3), black to 2, leaving the cpc (earth) where it is.

Sponsored Links
something you are not telling us , the boiler would never work with the wires left like that

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Have I missed something?
with those wires at the thermostat end left like that the boiler wouldnt come on for heating, and the neutral and live wires would have been dangerouse, the L&N dont show at the boiler end so probably connected at the fused spur, but hopefully they were disconnected when the thermostat was removed, they will have to be connected again

• Thanks
Thermostat was removed by previous owners, boiler is in granny annex, water heating works perfect but none of the radiators heat up hence bought the new thermostat. please let me know if I need to do anything more than what has been advised by Chris_W? Thanks

Thermostat was removed by previous owners, boiler is in granny annex, water heating works perfect but none of the radiators heat up hence bought the new thermostat. please let me know if I need to do anything more than what has been advised by Chris_W? Thanks
as I already said, the rads wouldnt heat up with those wires left disconnected, you will have to find the other end of that cable (probably at the fused spur , as not connected at the boiler) then connect these and then connect as @Chris_W said

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back