Gjd 040 expansion unit operation upon alarm activation.

C H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get a GJD 040 4 zone expansion unit to operate the flood lights on alarm activation.

I have connected a relay and diodes as per the diagram but I can't get the lights to operate when the bell goes off. Can someone please advise.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
20180910_161137.jpg
this is how I have wired the relay

Keep the posts as one , don't create new posts !
Right step one ....take out the green common wire from the relay touch it on the two twisted diodes .
Does it make the gjd unit click and put the lights on ?
If not either the diodes are the wrong way or the gjd unit is faulty ( have you tested it ? Does it work ? )
If it does bring on the light
Step 2
Put the green wire back in , take the green wire out in the alarm panel , put it on a 0v - does it activate the lights ?
If not come back ...

The flood lights do work as i have a seperate feed to a switch that brings them on.

I'm 100% confident in the cabling from he expander to the flood lights as i have gard wired them to a 240v supply and they work.
The expander is only replacing a switch.

I have removed the relay and touched the green wire from the (-) to the twisted pair of diodes and the lights don't come on.

I have turned the diodes around and don't the same and the lights don't come on either.

How do I test the expander further?

Do I need the GJD dygizone to make this work?

Sponsored Links
Post picture of mains input wiring ....to my knowledge you don't need a keypad ....but most jobs I've done have a fully working security lighting system with keypad and sensors, it's an expensive way to activate some lights when a relay could have been used ...

Thankyou for all your assistanec Sparkymarka. I have bought the controll unit and the relay activates it as it should.

Thanks for helping out.

I have noticed the price was very steep and thought there must have been a simpler way to get a controll panel to activate flood lights.

Can you let me know which relay you would have used please so I know for the future.

Mny thanks again.

Elmdene does mains timer relay or you could have bought a Sapphire or emerald unit much cheaper , 1.5kw and 3kw switching

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back