Glass bottomed boat

Sponsored Links
Plate glass is out of the question. It is too brittle and too dangerous when broken. But if you did use it you would have to use a polycarbonate layer on top and bottom. And in which case you may as well skip the plate glass and just use polycarbonate. I would sell the plate glass and get a good polycarbonate glass. I would also consider using a smaller size and use it in framed panels, max 600 sq.
Given that the last response to this thread was 13 years ago, I very much doubt that they need to know this now

Plate glass is out of the question. It is too brittle and too dangerous when broken. But if you did use it you would have to use a polycarbonate layer on top and bottom. And in which case you may as well skip the plate glass and just use polycarbonate. I would sell the plate glass and get a good polycarbonate glass. I would also consider using a smaller size and use it in framed panels, max 600 sq.
Thanks for that, the OP went on to a seemingly illustrious career in the deep sea submarine tourist market but it has not gone well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back