Glass Cabinet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Want to make a very simple small glass display cabinet with shelves and a door like the following, but smaller and shorter.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/72929_PE189179_S4.jpg

Made to measure glass can easily be obtained, but what is the easiest/best way to put the pieces together? Are fixtures (connectors, hinges, etc) for glass available at B&Q?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try Prefit they do a masive range of fittings for glass, shopfit section will be best place to start

Jason

Hi JasonB.

Well I contacted three different online shops that sell this kind of thing (glass fittings, etc) and not a single one of them got back to me.

I would like to avoid any bits that would require the glass to be drilled and by just browsing these sites, I think I may be able to get away with very few, or no, holes at all.

The problem is, I would have loved if these people could offer some advice before I go buying inappropriate bits. The sites don't really explain very well what and how the parts are used.

I don't need to screw or glue the panels together; simple clips that tighten with screws, etc, which would hold two pieces of glass together would do fine, I'm not sure exactly how many different options/methods are available to me.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks ColJak, will consider that. Is it just ordinary clear silicone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back