glass replacement quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could any one please tell me a rough price for windows approx 6'x3' and 7'x3' approx.the frames are ok but glass is blown.are they easy to fit.ive heard there are regs for fittting job lot

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
You dont need regs if just replacing the glass, the people I know who do this work (replacement units) charge £80 m2, fitted.

thankyou the brickie,i need to get some quotes.would u replace glass or go for frmes an all?mate just out of curiosity.ours have been in donkeys but with a bit of vim may buff up ok

Just the glass, you can replace with K type units for better insulation.

Dont use vim, too abrasive, find a pvcu window outlet (Window fitters mate or Eurocell are a national type places) and go buy some Frame cleaning Creme and Frame Cleaner, if they were good frames back then they will come up a treat.

Try small patches of frame with each type of cleaner you may need just one but at £2.50 a bottle why not try both!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back