patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have sliding patio doors (Aluminium) and been getting condensation inside one pane.Do you think the seal has blown,meaning needs new sealed unit,and would it be possible to diy?window is approx106wide 222high.If diy not feasable rough cost to have done?thanks.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the curt answer-thats a lot of use considering this is a diy site.I was only seeking some impartial advice, and get one word answers.It seems you have only answered to be nasty,perhaps its the wrong time of the month.

You may find that the doors are factory glazed, a right pig to get on with, even for somebody that does it all the time.

Cost could be anything if they are factory glazed, more trouble than its worth, so tx glass unit £120, fitting £100-150 maybe.

Sponsored Links
biggs said:
would it be possible to diy?window is approx106wide 222high.
Depends what your diy capability is, it's not easy and it's quite heavy to do. Will need 2 people and a couple of decent trestles and it's important for the correct glass unit size which you only can get from when taking out the beading. Like I say, it not impossible for diy'er to do.

Thanks to both of you for the advice,sounds out of my league.Will get glazing co.to do the job.

Where abouts in the country are you?

If you smash the outer pane 'accidentally' whilst mowing the lawn you can claim for it on the house insurance...... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back