GLASS WINDOW PACKERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased online a pair of double glazed French Doors. However,the firm who supplied them do not supply the glass packers. They told me that they are quite easy to obtain, Does anyone know where i might be able to purchase them.

Many thanx

Sponsored Links
Glaziers double-glazing suppliers? i.e. whoever is supplying your glass should supply them on request. The plastic packers are a glazing "accessory"

Scrit

Try here or here

I can buy 1000 packers in the 2nd picture link all in difference sizes for a about £5 from my local shop. Might be best to shop around.

Sponsored Links
be careful how you pack the glass as french doors are notorious for dropping. you will need to toe and heel the packers, so that the weight is on the hinge side.

Has anyone had the misfortune of putting glass into new P,V,C. window frame's and the next day the glass has cracked in the corner,?

Lots of people have,main reasons

inside welded spru not cleaned of properly (when fabricated)

rebate not cleaned after fitting window (bits of debris)

small chip,shell or crack in glass

screws protruding

when you put the beads in, the glass is under constant pressure and any of the above will cause it to break usually straight away but not uncommon,days or weeks later

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back