Glazing - sash window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a first floor sash window with a broken pane (three year olds playing hide and seek) It doesn't look as though I can replace from the inside. Is this usual? Will I have to scale the front of the property take off the wooden beading and put a new pane in? Is there an easier way or am am I missing something? Am I better off calling a glazier? Any inout welcome. Many Thanks Gene

Sponsored Links
The wooden beading should always be inside,this is to stop people undoing it to break in if it was on the outside.But don't worry they can be screw down for extra security.

Average diy'er should be able to do this,depending how confident you're.
If the putty is cement to the timber is rock hard that sometime can be a problem chopping it out without damaging the wood.

Your household insurance might pay for this depending on your excess policy.

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure I can do it myself now (if it stops raining for long enough...) Gene

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back