Gledhill Cylinder Date Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to determine the manufacturing date of a Gledhill Unvented Cylinder from the serial number?

Sponsored Links
Gledhill make many different models and not all serial numbers are the same format, post a pic of the serial number

Here's a picture of the cylinder serial number - I notice that there is also a serial number underneath the label; is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 89
you have 13 digits on the serial number for some reason, if it was the normal 12 digit that serial number would be manufacture date 12/06/2023, but there sould be a large technical data plate somewhere elso one the cylinder, usually silver coloured and it will have the date of manu stamped in the top right hand corner

Will look like this

gledhill.jpg
gledhill.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, however because of the tight installation I can't easy find the technical plate!

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 53
just call Gledhill and tell them the serial number and they will tell you the date of manu, their number is on that label i posted, can you post the answer please so we can read the 13 digit numbers

I contacted Gledhill and they confirmed the cylinder manufacturing date as the 12/06/2023 from the serial number - apparently although there are 13 digits in the serial number, the thirteenth number is a bar code check digit, (CRC).

I contacted Gledhill and they confirmed the cylinder manufacturing date as the 12/06/2023 from the serial number - apparently although there are 13 digits in the serial number, the thirteenth number is a bar code check digit, (CRC).
Thanks for letting us know so old system on the serial number still the same then

I know you contacted them re the code but did or have you contacted them about the noisy operation, even though apparently from the EV?.

Yes, I shared all the information about the installation that I've posted on this forum with Gledhill and they responded by asking me to get the installer to call them to discuss a couple of suggestions - something which is now proving troublesome since the plumber has stopped responding to my voicemails and texts after making a fleeting visit over two weeks ago when he arbitrarily dropped the EV pre-charge pressure. Anyone recommend an experienced G3 plumber in Hampshire?

Yes, I shared all the information about the installation that I've posted on this forum with Gledhill and they responded by asking me to get the installer to call them to discuss a couple of suggestions - something which is now proving troublesome since the plumber has stopped responding to my voicemails and texts after making a fleeting visit over two weeks ago when he arbitrarily dropped the EV pre-charge pressure. Anyone recommend an experienced G3 plumber in Hampshire?
get gledhill out it is under their warranty

Situation update: The original installer replaced the combination group valve after eventually responding to my texts and voicemails. For several days the replacement valve eliminated the banging noises even when hot water was drawn as the cylinder was being heated. All seemed good, but this didn't last long and soon became even worse by banging every time a hot tap was opened irrespective of the cylinder being heated. This called for a further visit by the plumber who installed a pressure reducing valve on the incoming mains set at 3 bar to match the unvented hot water pressure. I may be tempting fate, but this latest measure has so far eliminated any banging noise from the hot water system under all operating conditions! The only downside being a slight reduction in the hot water system pressure. Interestingly, I can across an article by the Advanced Water Company about troubleshooting unvented hot water systems which suggested multiblock valves, (aka combination group valves) would fail if connected to mains pressure - https://www.advancedwater.co.uk/blog/unvented-hot-water-cylinders-fault-finding-guide-engineers. This may explain the problems I encountered as the cold water mains pressure was fed to the multiblock inlet. Also, the Reliance Valves data sheet for their pressure reducing valve hints that problems will occur if the mains pressure is greater than that of the unvented hot water system - https://www.reliancevalves.com/sites/rv/files/2022-06/Reliance Valves 312 Compact Cold PRV I&M.pdf

That's a strange one re the multi block because with the mains PRV at the samesetti g as the multi block PRV then the multibloc PRV will be fully open almost all the time with any HW draw off. Also mostmultibloc PRVs have a take off for the balanced cold.
But who cares if it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back