Gledhill Torrent Installation Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced a Gledhill III with a Gledhill Torrent (direct)in a second floor flat, however, when attaching a hose to the DOC on the old unit the DOC broke off and the water started pouring out! many buckets later all seemed ok but very damp. Fitted torrent and linked up the cold water feed without filling the cylinder, within an hour water started appearing on the wooden stand base, turned off the mains and it had dried out the next morning despite the mains having been turned on two hours before we arrived. All seeming well filled the cylinder and turned on the immersion heater. Later that day customer calls to say water has returned, however when I returned next morning he said that he had used alot of hot water and the water has dried out a fair bit. This cycle of events is still happening, is this because during the night the cylinder heating up and drawing the water up through the floor and through one side of the stand? I have checked all joints on the cylinder for leaks although, it is difficult to check the cylinder for leaks as it has a jacket on it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back