gloss painted ceiling - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've made a howler. By mistake I have painted a bedroom ceiling in gloss rather than emulsion.

It is a single layer of white non drip gloss but of course I now realise I should have used emulsion. The finish at the moment is not bad and as the room is quite shady there is not a great glare.

What I am more concerned about is whether there are any other issues which may crop up having done this and whether I now need to remove or cover the gloss.

Advice please.

Sponsored Links
when you ready to re-decorate sand with coarse sand paper and cover with emulsion a couple of good coats should do it

Give it a good rub down oil based undercoat..allow about 4 days to dry then back on with the emulsion.

Sponsored Links
As Zampa says !! If you paint over gloss with emulsion it probably wont stay on long and will come off in sheets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back