Glossing Doors, What gives best result & wont go off col

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 pine doors that i would like white, but since previously using gloss & satinwood gloss they seem to go a yellowish colour after some time,, does anyone know any that wont go off colour, or if its better to paint the doors white and either varnish or use some sort of laquer?

Sponsored Links
All gloss paint will yellow off after a while. I tend to use Dulux Trade pure Brilliant white. Do not use varnish over gloss as this will make it a yellow shade of white. Gas fires, central heating etc will all send gloss yellow after a while. Sunlight being one of the main sources.

I have 3 pine doors that i would like white, but since previously using gloss & satinwood gloss they seem to go a yellowish colour after some time,, does anyone know any that wont go off colour, or if its better to paint the doors white and either varnish or use some sort of laquer?

If paint never discoloured of faded, there would be no decorators centres or trade. Paint will always lose it's original look. I say keep to what you prefer, whether it be gloss or satinwood, and just maintain the doors. Or use a stain.

Sponsored Links
When I get this complaint I try to sway customers from brill/white and suggest something like 'Old english white'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back