Glossing,Undercoating Brush.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its that time of year again to get out the decorating gear, Make recommendations, usually buy Harris but the last ones I bought I struggled to gloss with them. (seemed as if the bristles were too long )... Cheers

Sponsored Links
Purdy 2"monarch elite & 4" microfibre roller sleeve that's all u need for doors etc if ur using oil based

I'd go for the Purdy Sprig Elite XL, the stock is thinner than the monarch Elite (just my own preference).

Buy a BrushMate 4 to store the brush. It uses vapours rather than liquid. Hang the brush in it after work. You can leaves it for weeks and then just lift it back out when you want to start painting again (cost £18). No faffing about with white spirits and rags.

To help the paint flow, add some Owatrol oil. The will help you keep a wet edge and reduce brush marks. Not cheap but better than just adding white spirits (which just thins the paint). About £18 for a litre but it goes far.

Terebene paint driers. Massively speeds up curing time. Cost £6, goes very far.

Not a fan of using rollers to apply oil based paints.

if you only buy one of the above, get the brushmate. You can top up the vapours using their bottle rather than buying new pads when they dry. Brushes can be left indefinitely.

oh, and buy trade paints, not the retail versions (unless you actually enjoy painting extra coats).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back