Glow warm, Belgacom, 24c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New boiler installed at a friends house. Been working fine for 3 month

Now the hot water has stopped working, if you put the heating on sometimes the hot water becomes warm but within a second gets cold again.

All mains, electrical OK, Radiators working fine too. what could it be?

Its a combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of a Belgacom boiler!

The obvious answer is to call back the installer under his guarantee!

I assume the system pressure is about 1.5 Bar?

Tony

yes correct the bar is 1.5. the installer wont answer his phone. anything else you can suggest. its a Glow warm model.

Assume you mean a Glowworm Betacom.

Perhaps the installer is away for Christmas.

Sponsored Links
yes correct the bar is 1.5. the installer wont answer his phone. anything else you can suggest. its a Glow warm model.

if it is 3months old you should be ringing glow worm the telephone number is in big numbers on the front of the boiler!

if it is 3months old you should be ringing glow worm the telephone number is in big numbers on the front of the boiler!

The end users contract is with the installer not the manufacturer.

I usually suggest calling the installer first.

Many manufacturers charge about £90 for the visit if it turns out to be an installer's error.

Sounds like it MAY be a faulty aquasensor and plate heat exchanger.
The first is covered by it's warranty, the second is not as it would be an installation fault that has caused it.
Call the manufacturers, just make sure you have your documents i.e. completed Benchmark. It should be located in the centre or back pages of your manufacturers instructions.
If it's an installation fault, he'll advise you, you'll then have to get back in touch with the installer to get it sorted before they'll call back to it.

Not surprised the 'installer' has vanished - this is a B rated boiler and should of nit been fitted, since October 2010. The boiler will not have been notified to Building Control and was probably fitted by a non registered installer.

Glowworm will want to see a completed Benchmark book or sales receipt before they honour any warranty.

Hi Beerlover

What do you mean its a B rated boiler and why should it not been fitted since October 2010.

and also how do i find out if it has bee notified to the building control.

the corgi guy was registered, he told my friend.

The Buildings regs update of Oct 2010 required only Band A boilers to be installed. AFAIR the Betacom 24c is Band B (a conventional boiler with a recuperator). It's basically a cheap re-badged Heatline Vizo from Turkey that was probably sold off as old stock. As has been mentioned a very common problem is the water flow turbine sticking. The replacement version has a different spindle arrangement. Your "friend" no doubt paid cash for a cheap job. :rolleyes:

CORGI has not been the gas registrar for about three years now. Its now done by Gas Safe!

Your friend seems to have been very trusting!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back