Glow Warm Central Heating System no working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow Warm Economy Plus Central Heating System. I had to drain the system to repair a leak. I refilled the system and started the central heating system. The motor runs. water flows but the gas burner does not turn. I hear a lot of noise in the water. I feel that pipes are not full of water. There is air in the pipe system. Both hot water and central heating does not turn on.

If the turn on the hot water (or heating) the boiler makes a switch on sound which it normally does. But the gas burners never turn on. Motor seems to run because i can hear the flow of water in the pipes.

There is a Drayton mid position actuator near the motor. There is a hot water cylinder on the first floor. During the filling do I have to do anything with the actuator manual lever?

I have taken the air out from the radiators. No air in the radiators now. I have checked by opening with key. Air came out first.

One of the radiators is switched off from both end due to leak. I will have to replace the radiator.

I did not keep the system running for long. Probably 3 to 4 minutes each time just to see if the boiler turns on the gas burner.

I have taken out air off the motor.

If I keep the system running for some time is it going to damage the boiler? Should I make the switch position to manual at the actuator? How do I fill the system properly with water? Does it fill automatically?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back