glow-work betacom 24 problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i cannot seem to fire up the pilot light on my boiler, followed all the instructions in the manuel, and it is an automatic pilot, so im just wondering ifd anyone can give me any advice as to how i can sort it out? there are three lights on the front of the boiler and the power light (green) is flashing, the there is a picture of a flame and a picture of a flame with a line through it which the light is a steady red. help please?!!?!?!?!

Sponsored Links
How far does the boiler get before the lock out light flashes? Does the fan spin?

erm, i dunno, it is just off all the time, workmen came out to put the pilot back on, but its gone out again and im not sure how to relight it?? sorry if this is a little vauge?!

the same thing happened around a week ago, but i cant get in touch with anybody today? can you possibly run through the steps i take to lighting the boilers pilot? not sure if ive done it right..

Sponsored Links
How far does the boiler get before the lock out light flashes? Does the fan spin?

if it is a very quiet fan then maybe it does spin but i cant seem to hear it, its only a 2 month old system.

If your boiler has a flame lockout light then it will not have a pilot light.

It sounds as if this is a council or similar property. You should call their emergency assistance number and explain the "repair" was not done properly.

Tony

It doesn't have a pilot light, only the main burner that is ignited by a spark on demand.

Try resetting the boiler as per the instruction manual you will have been left with the boiler.

As it is so new why haven't glow worm been called in under warranty?

I never understand this simple first step is never done :eek:

tried resetting the boiler as per manual, but no luck, tried to call glowworm also but the technical support lines are shut on a sunday. so i was hoping maybe someone with a bit more know how could run through the simple stages of relighing the pilot light?

not open. was hoping it would be a quick fix, but it looks like i'll have to wait for the experts. many thanks for your quick replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back