Betacom 24c fault lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me.

My Glowworm Betacom 24c was installed a couple of months ago. It stopped working this weekend. The fitter is not responding to my phone calls, and Glow worm are sending someone to look at it on Thursday.

In the meantime I wonder if there is anything I can do to get it going, or at least understand what the problems is.

There is a red light above a flame symbol which flashes 1 second on/1 second off, whenever the boiler is switched on at the mains. The light starts flashing almost immediately and it doesn't make any difference whether the boiler time control is set to off, timer, or on.

My initial reaction was that the condensate pipe was frozen, especially as there was an icicle hanging from the end, but I am pretty sure I have sorted that.

The install manual suggests that light means there is a 'flames or gas failure'.

Is there anything I can do or do I have to wait for glow worm? How can i check my gas supply is working ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back