Glowworm BetaCom 24c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm Betacom 24c. The central heating is now being used. With the colder weather the boiler is going into gas lock out because the condensate tank sensor is picking up condensation.
I've heard there's a modification to stop this happening can anyone help?(the tank and the outlet pipe is empty)

Sponsored Links
The condensate trap is supposed to have some water in it to provide an air seal.

Its at risk of allowing boiler fumes into the room like that.

Normally it would refill itself particularly if you run it for 15 min at minimum CH temperature. If you did choose to do that then you should do it with the windows open!

I generally modify them cos of the cr*p design but as it could affect the safety of the appliance i cant tell you how im afraid. In any case the latest version of the trap appears to be a better fix, so I would recommend replacing it.

After double checking, the trap is full, after running for 10 mins the boiler shuts down (same problem) can anyone give me advice how to modify the condensate trap (this will be done by a gas safe engineer) or give me the part number for a modified condensate trap if there is one available

Sponsored Links
When you sem to be trying to fix your boiler why should we think that any work will be done by a gas reg person?

Can you advise his reg no. ?

Or ask him to ask what the recommended mod is ?

Tony

If anyone can give helpful advise please do
but dont expect me to put any personal reg details on this website
Oh and correct spelling would help!

maybe your rgi should ask this in the correct placeswhat i will tell you is the mod kit is easy to fit and starts with d000 but type that in and it will throw up several things and my sepling si ko scknaht

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back