Glow Worm 18hxi No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House :persimmon home
Boiler: Glow worm 18hxi and Boiler mate ov class a ( 7 years old, as far as I am aware they have never been serviced. By previous owner)

Issue: The glow worm doesn't seem to have any power, checked circuit and power is going into the PCB, fuse seems fine. But unable to get any lights on the display? House is currently using the boiler mate to keep the family warm for now.
Any ideas, before I going buying a new or reconditioned PCB?

Regards

Just had a friend over, he believes it's the PCB.. £80 from ebay

Sponsored Links
I am sure it will be money well spent. Ask yourself this question- someone is selling a PCB on flea bay, is it because they have killed it?

Take it you friend is conversant with boiler operation. :rolleyes:

I would get it serviced or at least checked over. If it has never had the combustion chamber seal changed it could be dangerous.

I am sure it will be money well spent. Ask yourself this question- someone is selling a PCB on flea bay, is it because they have killed it?

Take it you friend is conversant with boiler operation. :rolleyes:

No not at all, but when I got a so called expert he said PCB :eek:

Sponsored Links
I would get it serviced or at least checked over. If it has never had the combustion chamber seal changed it could be dangerous.

Will do looks like an expensive month, I will search for another to confirm issue, from my understanding from all the feedback, it could be something else that have caused the led display to stop working.

Sorry all for having 2 posts for the Salish topic

Welcome recommendation in my area, bedworth

Will do looks like an expensive month, I will search for another to confirm issue, from my understanding from all the feedback, it could be something else that have caused the led display to stop working.

Get someone in thats gas safe and up to speed with doing electrical tests. Get them to disconnect the low voltage components off the board (J1 and J4 on these), if the display then comes back on you have a component issue. If its still blank double check the voltage onto the board on H8 (230v). You would then need to check voltage to the display from J13 to determine which of the boards is causing the issue.

Strongly reccomend you get someone in to look at it. Glow worm offer call out charges that are good for these faults as they cover all the parts.

Get someone in thats gas safe and up to speed with doing electrical tests. Get them to disconnect the low voltage components off the board (J1 and J4 on these), if the display then comes back on you have a component issue. If its still blank double check the voltage onto the board on H8 (230v). You would then need to check voltage to the display from J13 to determine which of the boards is causing the issue.

Strongly reccomend you get someone in to look at it. Glow worm offer call out charges that are good for these faults as they cover all the parts.

Thank you, I will ring around and see if there is anyone compliant with gas and electrical in my area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back