Glow-worm 24cxi Filling Tap

bp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a Glow-worm 24cxi boiler installed approx 4 years ago. Since then I have used the filling tap on a number of occasions to re-pressurize it. Out of the blue and approx a year ago Glow worm sent a letter offering to come out and replace a component that could cause a leak free of charge. Since their visit the boiler has not needed to be re-pressurised until very recently.

Having put my hand under the boiler to turn the tap which I have done a number of times it was immediately noticeable that this did not have the same feel as previous and putting my head underneath noticed that it was now a blue cylindrical tube approx 8cm long and am 100% certain that this was previously a red coloured cylinder approx 1cm long.

To satisfy myself that my memory is not fading can someone confirm that the red coloured cylinder was attached to this model at some time as I am certain that it has been changed as it now has a problem in that it does not turn.

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
I have never seen one with a red knob on it before.

However the filling tap on that boiler is a common problem.

A new one will be needed.

That long blue thing is just an extension piece and will pull off.

Try pulling it downwards,you never know the red knob may just be hiding underneath ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back