Glow worm 24cxi water leak

bp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a Glow worm 24cxi condensing boiler and recently noticed water leaking at the bottom of the boiler when opening the filling tap.

The position of the water appears to be falling from the left side of the boiler when facing it and is approximately a third of the way in from the back.

I would appreciate any information on what this fault may be due to and whether this is serious as the leak stops once the tap has been closed.

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
this is normal for that model and not a problem.

Thanks for the response. Would you know which part is therefore faulty and should I get this fixed at some point?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. Yes the filling tap is turned off and the water only drips when you open the filling tap. Is this what you are referring to when you state the filling loop?

Water did not drip when opening this tap in the past as I have had to use it a number of time over the years and noticed this only happening recently.

it just water left in the pipe from when you fill it up not a problem.they all do it.nothing to worry about
ex glowworm engineer

i can asure it nothing to do with water pressure,its were the check valve shut off and stop any more water going though.its excess water i bet its not even thimble amount.its wear on the check vavle,as i said nothin to worry about.

i can asure it nothing to do with water pressure,its were the check valve shut off and stop any more water going though.its excess water i bet its not even thimble amount.its wear on the check vavle,as i said nothin to worry about.

Yes i know what it is, i'm not suggesting its a problem. BUT it is worse with low mains pressure installations, because as the pressure equalises it struggles to keep the disconnector(check valve as you incorrectly call it) fully open. as an ex group service engineer you should know that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back