Glow Worm 28a Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Glow Worm Betacom 28a combi boiler is showing low pressure (0.4 bar). Does anyone have any idea how to raise the pressure? I've looked at similar systems to find a solution but I can't find any that quite match my own. There are no obvious blue valves to top up the pressure and the only silver pipe I can find is down below and disappears behind the cupboard under the sink. There is a screw head on the piece which connects that pipe to the copper pipe above, and the line on the screw head is sitting vertically in line with the pipe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't afford to get anyone out at the minute.

Many thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• DSC_2397.JPG
    DSC_2397.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,807
  • DSC_2398.JPG
    DSC_2398.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 383
Sponsored Links
DSC_2398.JPG

Thats probably the filling valve there, should be a handle on it just out of sight of the picture, open it a little till the boiler shows 1.0 to 1.4 bar then close handle back off to where you found it.

Thank you! Well spotted. I was blindly looking for blue handles. There is another above that one and I had to turn both before anything happened, then turned them back to where they were originally. Thanks so much! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back