Glow worm 30 cxi - green light still pulsing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Intermittent fault for past year. HW goes cold and boiler pulses with green light flashing. Just once this was followed by a F1 fault code - ignition failure. We switch boiler off, back on, let it run on central heating only for a while then everything OK again. Happens about once or twice a week. Everything else fine. Is it something to do with the pressure valve. Our"service engineer" had no idea and did not come back - good news is we hadn't paid him. Am I going to have to get Glow Worm out - I hope not!

Sponsored Links
Thanx Fitz1. Obviously trying to avoid expensive callout. Wouldn't touch gas side myself. Have you come across this pulsing before and positively linked it to the gas pressure? Can I check anything else on the water side first?

you need someone to check it out fully. it could be anything. i had one similsr and it was gas valve sticking.glow worm had a history of this due to gas transporter adding a lubricant into the gas.

Sponsored Links
We had a lot of problems with the 30CXis when they came out on hot water only, the burner would literally come on and off very rapidly in conjunction with a whooshing noise as the burner came back on and then shut down in short order.

The water of course would keep running cold.

Although we fit so many crappy Gworm boilers that we do our own guarantee work we eventually had to call in Gworm themselves who told us that there had been a batch of faulty gas valves.

We changed loads with a decent level of success but also found that fan speeds were also causing problems in a number of cases.

BTW I posted in an earlier thread some days ago that out of necessity when strapped for space we had fitted about a dozen GWorm flexicoms with no apparent faults yet.

I would like to rescind those comments as our first 4 month old flexicom sprung a massive internal leak from deep within the bowels of the boiler yesterday the PCB although not touched by any water also packed in.

Moral of the story...rip out all your GWorm boilers and never touch another one, they are the crappiest firm and boilers in all of boilerdom!!

That's exactly what it does and what it sounds like. Look's like I'm in for an expensive repair- Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back