glow worm pressure gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anyone help please, i have a combi boiler glow worm 3 cxi, we have repressurised the unit as it went to 1.0.we have now got the reading 2.7.it is flashing but not going green .(which we thought it did if it there was a fault,).it also doesnt flash f for fault. can you help please? we have the loop coil connected as the service man said that this can be left on all the time.if we have to undo this which end is it top/bottom.,and will it cause a leak?is it easy to get off?as it looks to be on tightly?thanks to all

Sponsored Links
easy to remove.

IV 'letting by' of blocked tube to the EV on a boiler that age.

David

Do you mean 30 cxi?
Nowt wrong with the pressure at 1.0 - why alter it?
Let some water out via a drain cock on a pipe, or by bleeding a rad, to get the pressure down.

Chris,

Its over-pressurising!

FAQ's but on these boilers, the tube to the EV is so small its blocked easily.

Fit a remote or clean the tube

David

Sponsored Links
the pressure went down to 0.5 not 1.0.it restored it to 1.0 i had agas engineer around today he bled some water ,this wa set at 1.9 he said this would be fine but its crept back up to 2.5 within one hour..yes it is a 30xi not 3 .i copied it from the installers servicing chart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back