Glow worm 30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys new here and looking for some help.

im 26 and live with my parents

So ill try and keep this as short possible, recently our 30c has been playing up

so we called a "engineer" in even though i was against it, turns out he was useless and left our boiler unusable where as before it did still work ( he refunded us and legged it basically)

so we got glow worm round (paid £300+ for a 12 month repair thingy) and they fitted a ton of new parts, motors, sensor, diverter etc. still after just 3 days the boiler plays up again.

they come round again and say the water is full of corrosion (i admit it was)
and they wanted £300+ to flush it etc. By this point i nearly kicked them out the door.

SO what i decided was to try and fix all this myself, i turned everything off, stripped the main heat exchanger and plate. fitted a new plate and cleaned the main out then hired a flusher and the chems from jewsons and me and my step dad flushed the system for around 4 hours straight and got it spotless, then we added anti corrosion and so on, cleaned the whole boiler and bled the system

ALL WORKING PERFECT!! with one small problem

Now whenever we run a bath, we finish and shut the tap off but then the boiler will lock out and flash until we leave it to cool and reset (it flashes for thermostat overload)

after searching around i see that it could just be a faulty sensor as our flow is all good and pump is new etc but i noticed something when the last glow worm "engineer" was here, he fitted the safety stat part no. 0020061584
to the main heat exchanger and not the pipe even though it has a pipe spring clip, he couldnt really see what he was doing and was acting like a child, huffing and puffing because he couldnt see..lol

is this correct?

p.s sorry for the long post and no offence to real engineers

Sponsored Links
An unqualified DIYer should not be touching the main heat exchanger or even opening the front cover to it.

You need a gas registered person to come and check it and diagnose the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back