Glow Worm 30cxi diverter valve actuator motor problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, new here but long time lurker and looking for some advice please. I have a 6 year old Glow Worm 30cxi boiler, I tracked down a fault (with the help of this forum, thank you) that was causing the fuse in the power supply to the boiler to blow. The diverter valve was leaking water in to the actuator motor causing a short. I've fitted a service kit in the diverter valve and replaced the motor and now have a running boiler, hot water and radiators, in other words doing what Glow Worm intended.

The problem I have is the valve motor will not stop running when radiators call for heat, I can hear it running constantly and clicking round past it's stop which I don't think is right (happy to be corrected). It doesn't run when there is no demand for heat or when there is a hot water demand.

I've cleaned out the contacts on the connector cable, reseated the connection to the PCB, run the heating without the cable attached to the valve and finally turned it all off and on again. Nothing has worked, so has anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Sponsored Links
Well I've fixed it and all working perfectly. If any 'experts' want to know how, post up and I'll ignore your request.

Cool story bro!!!

So it took you 7 days to repair?? Your not not much of an 'expert'

I bet you had a quick look in the combustion chamber 'your type' always seem to be obsessed with what could be in there.

If you had a clue you'd know that it wouldn't have anyting to do with the combustion chamber. But good effort. Hope you don't make your living repairing boilers. 'Your type', brilliant you to@@er. Jog on prick!

Sponsored Links
wa-03010-windsor_wood.jpg

Hi, sorry to drag up an old post...

i have a similar issue here, except the DV motor continues to click on even after CH is off. Clicks away for 15-20 mins then stops eventually, till the next call and starts the process again. Assume the whole caboodle is clogged and needs a good flush. Have ordered a valve service kit to fit in the next few days - do i need a new valve motor too? would be good to know so i can finally get this freaking thing flushed through and to shut up... any help appreciated.. thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back