Heatline C28 diverter valve motor test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I,I am having hot water problem on C28 boiler. A new plate heat exchanger, valve and diverter motor was installed recently and the boiler was working fine. However now after few days, I am not getting hot water, it is a bit warm but the pipe going to radiators is burning hot. I guess the valve spindle is not being pushed correctly? I have removed the actuator motor and do not see it doing anything regardless of whether there is a demand for hot water or central heating.

My question is that if I removed the actuator motor from the valve and then demanded hot water, should I see the little spindle inside the actuator motor come out? I am not seeing the spindle move at all whether I demand hot water or central heating. Is there a way to test the actuator motor directly with ac mains supply. The connectivity between the motor and pcb seems fine (all 3 wires). Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
That is what is expected.

First you need to measure the voltage applied to the motor in each boiler mode. 230 vac

You can test the motor by applying neutral to centre tag and live to each of the other tags in turn.

It should motor to each position and then disconnect the motor from the supply.

Who replaced all those parts?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back