CZV222 actuator motors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a central heating and hot water system running two CZV222 actuated valves. Unfortunately I seem to replace the de-mountable motors annually because the motor erodes the (plastic) teeth on the lever arm so that eventuallyit cannot get purchase on it.

Am I missing something in the wiring that arrests the motor when demand is received to stop the constant rotation of the motor - or am I doing something else stupid. Alternatively, have Siemens built in a lifing mechanism?

Sponsored Links
The motor sits in a stall when the valve is fully opened - there's no electrical interruption.

However, I suspect your worn teeth are happening at the closed end of travel (i.e. sitting at rest with no power applied) and thus not due to the motor remain powered when in the open state. This is very common failure mode with the Siemens zone valves and is simply a case of very poor design (cheap plastic for the toothed arm).

Mathew

Bin them and get a pair of Honeywell 2-porters. :idea:

Wouldn't fit anything else, unless the customer is a real cheapskate. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back