Glow worm 38cxi pcb - anyone assist please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone who knows please guide me on this.
We had some storms, power went a few times, no issues, turn fuses back on but boiler dead?
Plumber been out and checked what he could, advised us to get a sparky out which we did. He thinks something on the pcb.

So I call City Plumbing who have one in stock, I also called Glow Worm as the number on my pcb and the one on the pcb fem city plumbing are not the same. The Glow Worm tech chap says there is only one and that the one I bought is an upgraded board. Mine has an Irish number he said.
Great, so I buy it, drive to France to my house and !!!!!!!!!! they seem very different! There are plugs on the broke one but nowhere to plug them into the new one.
That's the story....the broke one is 0020018279 and the one I was advised to buy is 2000802731

I've no idea what to do, can anyone advise? Also, should I try to find somewhere that could repair the brake one in case I need another?

Thanks very much in advance for anyone who can offer some assistance

Andy

Sponsored Links
That is the correct board.

The new one has a stronger transformer and no longer needs the fan transformer. The instructions should be in the box. But if not; there should be a small bit of PCB in the box. This goes on the plug that plugs into the fan transformer. You must not plug the fan plug onto the PCB. The sticker that comes in the box will show you where to plug everything into.

And the old one is not worth repairing.

James, I'm not planning on repairing it and it was the electrician who told me it was the pcb

guessman, do you think the new one should be able to be used then? On the old one there are two large plug units but none on the new so it made me think that there's no way all the stuff that gets unplugged can go into the new one. Didn't sound right. There is a small plastic tab floating around in the bag as well as various wiring diagrams that mean nothing to me.

So perhaps there is hope yet?

Andy

Sponsored Links
I have double checked with glow worm as well and they confirm that it is the correct board.

One last question....just to satisfy my curiosity !

There is a long orange plug and a long white plug below it on the broke board. There are loads of wires going into these plug and nowhere for them to fit onto the new board...........will we really not need ANY of these? Can't get my head around it.

Andy

FFS what is the electrician going to know about your boiler or the plumber? What you need is someone who locates faults by systematic approach instead of guessing what might be wrong

Calm down fella.
The electrician, believe it or not, used his electricians equipment to test the various parts on the circuit board. Where there should have been power coming out, there wasn't. Both the plumber AND electrician did a systematic fault finding approach and both came to the same conclusion. Who said anything about guessing?

For your information, in France (where I am right now) an electrician is also a plumber. They are dual traded and train in both trades unlike the English. Two people have diagnosed the same fault and both are experienced tradesmen.........so, on this occasion, I'll listen to them.

I do know what you mean Dan. The worst ones are the Brits who move over here and then assume that THEY are now both trades!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back