Glow worm Melody Bbu problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have got a BBu installed in my kitchen, it Glow worm Melody3 Firefront. The heat exchanger has gone, boyfiend is currently part way through a plumbing course :)
Anyway, his tutor who is also a friend (Corgi registered - just incase anyone thought I was going to force the boyfriend to do this) has advised us to source the part, and he will fit it.
Now herein lies the problem, I am having great difficulty sourcing the part. Plumb Center ordered it, well so we thought, but they got the order wrong. I have emailed another company that had glow worm heat exchangers but none that matched up with the serial numbers on our boiler.
Can anyone sign post me to any other companies where I may get some joy, have got Glow worm's number to ring first thing.

Thanks, and be nice to the newbie :)
Starkiller X

Sponsored Links
Have spoke to boyfriend, as I am not staying atour house at moment, too cold, no hot water, and baby on the way.
There is the following info on the boiler: GC Number 4404703A (??) - don't know what that is, it also says 56/3PP (BBU) on a metal plaque on the boiler itself. I now realise after searching internet for most of the night, that the Melody part is the fire front!!! (Doh!)

Hope this helps.
Starkiller X

For spares, try Parts Centre (part of Plumb Centre group) or trawl internet - you should come up with a few easily. Chances are the heat exchanger is going to be very expensive - I would guess £200+. Might be worth thinking about a new boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back