Glow Worm and Propane Gas question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've just moved into a house with a boiler type Glow Worm 30 cxi adjusted to operate on G31 Propane Gas with an inlet supply pressure of 37mbar. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms just what this means please? There is a label on the boiler about the G31 propane gas adjustment, does this mean it's adjusted to use those LPG canisters? or something else. Any advice much appreciated, thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
these boilers come preset to work on Natural Gas. In the stuff that comes with it is the sticker you refer to, and if you have LPG gas (bulk storage or bottles) then an adjustment is made to the boiler and the sticker is put on the boiler to make anyone aware before working on it. SO have you got LPG then? Some people just like putting stickers on things especially custards, when they find it in the amongst the paperwork :D

thank you micky. It's strange because as far as we were aware it's mains gas here and we didn't notice any sticker when we viewed it. There is no sign of any bulk storage or containers. I think we better call someone in just to check.
Thanks for your help :)

well if your paying monthly payments to a major energy supplier such as BG, EON, EDF etc... then its a pretty safe bet your on NG. A boiler service wouldn't be a bad idea, and if you have no record of the last service it would be advisable that the engineer changes the combustion door seal as well, Glow worm part no. 801635. He should also posess a Flue Gas Analyser amonst his tool kit to check the CO2 setting.
Micky

Sponsored Links
As there is no real way of telling what the situations is from a distance, you would do well to call a RGI out.

thanks for your help and advice.
Micky, I have to confess I got it wrong earlier, the sticker is not on the boiler but on the manual, therefore you are right, we are connected to NG. Sorry for the confusion.

I've made a note of the part no. - thanks so much :)

Not by any chance on a military camp as quie a few of those where on piped LPG and not NG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back