Glow worm back boiler

S

SDS extreme

Hi, from SDS extreme. I've recently aquired an old original glow worm 45 back boiler which appears to be in decent condition but I'm having trouble finding the right manual, it doesn't appear to be available anywhere online as it's the original 45 model from 1986, not any of the later versions like 45/2 or 45/2F etc. which are freely available and what I'm most concerned about is the specific installation requirements for this model, like the dimensions of the fireplace opening and if it needs a raised hearth like that shown in the 2F manual which I've got. Does anyone here know where I can get the original manual for this early model, either in electronic form or an original paper one. Any help most appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
It wont be the manual for the BBU you will be looking for, it will be the firefront, do you know which one you have ?

Hi, ianmcd, I've got the fire with the wood effect cover and the control on the top, on the right hand side, it's called "glow worm co-ordinate GL". I definitely need the manual for the 45 model bbu, the only visible differences I've seen so far between my boiler and the later one in the manual I've got is a slightly different electric box which on the later model has six terminals whereas mine only has four, and the other difference I've seen is the pilot assembly, which has a different mounting bracket and the pilot burner, the electrode and the thermocouple rearranged in a different order. But I've looked at the manuals for other 45 models online and they show differing site requirements which is why I need the original manual. I can only find the odd picture of it online but never a download or a paper version either, so I know there was a manual for my boiler but I can't find it on offer anywhere, but only the later versions which are a bit different. And thermostat is broken and the gas isolator cock is missing but I can get them. And if you order the thermostat as a generic part using it's own part number instead of ordering it as a glow worm part you can get it for about half the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back