Glow worm Betacom 30C low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glow-worm Betacom 30c boiler and recently the pressure of the hot water coming out of the taps is very poor. The water is being heated to a sufficient temperature and the pressure on the boiler is currently sitting at 1.7 on the display gauge. About a month ago, this was investigated and the filter removed, checked, cleaned out (there was one very small piece of grit present) and replaced. After which, the hot water pressure at the tap had improved. It has however now reduced back to what it was before the filter being removed and cleaned out.

Any suggestions on what else can be done or investigated to improve the hot water pressure. I am aware that the water pressure coming from the hot tap is never going to be as good as if the water was coming from a storage tank, but surely it can be back to what it was a month ago.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am aware that the water pressure coming from the hot tap is never going to be as good as if the water was coming from a storage tank, but surely it can be back to what it was a month ago.
Combi’s are usually better than a cold water storage cistern. Could be the filter again, or has the cold water reduced at all?

Thank you for the prompt reply.

The cold water pressure hasn't reduced, or certainly not that I've noticed. The cold water has always been pretty high pressure so it may be difficult to detect a small reduction in the pressure.

Yeah, it could be the filter again, and just unlucky that there's been two instances of grit partially blocking the filter in fairly quick succession after no issues for years I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back