Glow worm betacom 30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone give me any advice on reducing pressure on my glow worm 30c boiler. I bled a radiator a few days ago and noticed the boiler had cut out due to low pressure. I tried to be careful filling it but ended up with pressure too high. I have taken loads of water out of radiator which works but it keeps going back up say half a bar (1.5 to 2) each day. I've had to take water out each day. As far as can see the plastic tap is off on the filling loop. Other than pressure getting too high the boilers working fine. The boilers less than 2 years old. Very grateful for any help.

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel in the back of your boiler needs recharging with air.
A 15-30 minute job.

Thanks for your help. Is that a job for a plumber? My boiler/plumbing skills can only be described as none existent.

Should be done as part of the annual service!

Its not very technical and many DIYers manage it after reading the FAQs on this site.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Should be done as part of the annual service!

Its not very technical and many DIYers manage it after reading the FAQs on this site.

Tony

Can't see how it can be done at a service without draining down the boiler
to do it properly.
I don't know of any heating engineers who do that.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Had a quick look on t'internet and think I'd best leave it to someone who knows. Does anyone know if I'd be damaging the boiler by continuing to use it til I get it fixed? I've been taking water out everyday to reduce the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back