glow worm combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi have just had a call from my sister in laws and she has a problem with her boiler.All i know it is a glow worm combi about 5 years old she has hot water but no heating.Would i be right in thinking it would be the diverter valve at fault and if so can you get service kits for them. what would be the best way to test dv valve ? thanks for any advice.Iam just aplumber not heat eng so please be gentle with me thanks peter

Sponsored Links
get her to check the very basics first, is the pressure guage on the boiler reading around 1 bar when cold, about 2 when hot?

Check that here is an electrical call for heat from the room stat and timer.

Are there any lights on boiler front panel that say boiler thinks it should be on for rads but isn't?

If these basics are ok then it could be the diverter valve.

thanks for the quick reply i will get her to check all of these.She says that under the flip down panel a light comes on for abour 5 secs and then goes out thanks peter

Sponsored Links
hi dave have just rung her and typical of women she thinks going shopping is more important than having a working boiler and she is out at lakeside.Thanks for the reply will find out more details over weekend and let you know thanks once again peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back