Glow Worm Energy 30c - DHW icon flashes when no hot water demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've recently had a Glow Worm Energy 30c combi installed - just getting our heads around the new controls after changing from a somewhat simpler 30-year-old boiler!
From time to time, the "tap" icon in the display (which the documentation describes as "DHW mode - burner on in draw-off mode") also occasionally fires up when no taps are open. I have no idea why it does this. Anyone know what this could be or where I could find more info? It's not really covered in much detail in the instruction documentation or the Glow Worm support website that I can see.
I'm keen to get the boiler running as efficiently as possible - and don't really want it activating when it doesn't need to be.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be preheat/warmstart/comfort feature.

Hi @Chris_W, yeah could be that.
I e-mailed Glow Worm and to be fair they replied fairly quickly with the details of how you switch off eco mode (and therefore the preheat feature). Turns out you press the + and - buttons in together for about 5 seconds to enable eco mode - and the same again to disable it. Just putting the details here in case it helps others searching (I'm sure it's not documented in the manuals - unless I'm just looking past it).
Since enabling eco mode, I can't say I've noticed the boiler waking up on it's own, so to speak. Will see if it makes much difference to gas consumption...
Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back